Web Design Our Way
Learn why we design websites the way we do
Web Design for the Future
What’s the best way to scare off your prospects? Having a stale and outdated website!
Your website is your online storefront, and if you won’t treat it seriously, your prospects won’t take your business seriously. From the time the visitor lands on your website you have only SECONDS before they decide to stay on your website and engage in your content or bounce and go find another website. You cannot afford to overlook the importance of intelligent design with high quality content.
High quality content means more than simply grammatically correct. If it's uninteresting or doesn't feel honest, it's not going to put readers in a decision-making mindset. (Not the decision you hope they'll make anyway.)
What is Mobile Responsive Web Design?
We offer various types of web design. However, we specialize in building customized, responsive websites based on the WordPress platform for businesses and organizations in Winston Salem and the surrounding Piedmont area including High Point, Kernersville, Greensboro and Charlotte. This means we will customize your website based on your specifications. And because it’s responsive, this single version of your website will load perfectly on all devices: desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Some sites are seen as responsive because the layout shifts from the full design when viewed on a phone. But shifting things so it isn't a mess doesn't mean it's optimized for that device. More than that, does it also display well on a tablet? We've seen several sites that look okay on a phone but look terrible on an iPad, for example.
We test all sites we build on all devices to ensure your site always has its best foot forward, regardless of the device the reader is using.
What Does Google Say About Responsive Web Design?
67% of all web searches are done through Google. Where your business ranks in the Google search engine plays a huge roll in your online presence. Because of this, it's important to know where Google stands on mobile responsive web design.
To say Google is a big fan of mobile responsive websites would be an understatement. Below is a quote directly from the official Google developers blog relating to responsive web design:
"Responsive web design is a technique to build web pages that alter how they look using CSS3 media queries. That is, there is one HTML code for the page regardless of the device accessing it, but its presentation changes using CSS media queries to specify which CSS rules apply for the browser displaying the page. You can learn more about responsive web design from this blog post by Google's webmasters and in our recommendations.
Using responsive web design has multiple advantages, including:
- It keeps your desktop and mobile content on a single URL, which is easier for your users to interact with, share, and link to and for Google's algorithms to assign the indexing properties to your content.
- Google can discover your content more efficiently as we wouldn't need to crawl a page with the different Googlebot user agents to retrieve and index all the content."
Why Build a Mobile Responsive Site?
Your immediate gains: Studies show that 72% of smartphone owners made a purchase from their tablet-based local search. If your website won’t load properly for tablet and smartphone users, they won’t be able to learn more about your business or buy your products online.
Your long-term gains: By 2014, mobile Internet users will outnumber desktop users. By investing in mobile responsive web design today, you are preparing your website and your business to respond to the demand of the future. And by having one responsive website, rather than a primary site and a separate mobile site, your ongoing expense for site maintenance will be greatly reduced.
Eliminate lost opportunities and sales by choosing a Mobile Responsive Website Now!
We Use WordPress
WordPress is an amazing content management system (CMS) and is very customizable. It’s SEO-friendly and is easy to use. It gives you the ability to easily revise and add new content to your site. WordPress is the largest open source web design platform in the world and has more features and “add on” functions than any other design platform. If you want to only build your website once and wish to have 100% assurance that it will remain up to date with the ever changing online times, then you want your website built on the WordPress CMS design platform.
What We Do? – Summary of Web Design Services
- Installation, Configuration and Customization – We will install and configure the latest version of WordPress on the web server as well as generate your File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and CMS access. Based on our consultation with you, we make sure that an appropriate WordPress layout and design is chosen conforming to the intended purpose and function of your website.
- Graphic Design and Mockup – Following content and design analysis, we will provide web design mockups (for custom websites) and source relevant images and strategically embed these on your website. We make sure these images are visually engaging and will complement the overall aesthetics as well as the written content.
- Other Services - Contact Form Setup, Email Installation and Configuration, Website Backup, Migration, and Installation are also included.